Construction Engineering Services
Department of Veterans Affairs
Construction Management and Engineering Services
VA Grand Junction, CO
Role: Prime Engineer
Provide services including construction management and administrative support based on a 2076 man-hours, for the following tasks:
1.Periodic electrical inspections to ensure code compliance and conformance to design for the following projects:
a. 6th Floor renovation project
b. Replace absorption chiller project
c. Other projects as needed
2.Review construction documents for mechanical and electrical design requirements for the following NRM projects:
a. Elimination of Substandard Beds, Flr 3
b. New Boiler Controls
c. Campus Lighting Upgrades
d. Replace Dietetics and Canteen walk in Refrigerators and Freezers
3. Review construction documents for life safety requirements NRM projects.
4. Conduct facility pavements assessment and develop a long term pavements replacement, repair and maintenance plan.
5. Conduct preliminary engineering studies on facility infrastructure systems (e.g. Building 1 interior plumbing) and develop long term replacement, repair and maintenance plans.
6. Review submittals on active construction projects.
7. Conduct preliminary engineering studies and develop Statements of Works, cost estimates, initial construction drawings, and other project documents for 17 station level projects worth approximately $1.6M.
8. Conduct space studies and verify real property data.
9. Prepare procurement packages for maintenance contracts.
10. Perform daily QA checks of all active construction projects for general conformance to design documents, safety concerns and infection control concerns.
AES Group, Inc.
11031 S. Pikes Peak Dr.
Parker, CO 80138
Fax: (303) 841-3772