Construction Management & Engineering Services
Department of Veterans Affairs
CM and Engineering Services
VA Denver, CO
Role: Prime Engineer
AES is providing engineering services to assist the Denver VAMC in preparing documents such as construction procurement documents and assist in the management of construction contracts that reside with the Denver VA.
- Construction Inspection, Safety, and Interim Life Safety Measures (ILSMs) and Infection Control Risk Assessments (ICRAs): Special Inspections during construction, as well as at final inspection, to verify compliance to architectural, mechanical, electrical, or structural conformance with construction documents including photo-documentation of existing conditions and conditions during construction. Verification of construction contractor compliance to architectural, mechanical, electrical, or structural construction plans, specifications, or other contractual documents. Tracking and following up on all noted deficiencies to insure requirements are met. (it is understood the individual will be able to provide inspections in his/her specialty and all other special inspections will be acquired via other assistance.) (120 hrs.)
- 3.2 Computer Aided Drafting Design and Automation Support: Support of the station with maintenance and updating of record file drawings and maintenance and organization of engineering documentation on engineering shared drives or SharePoint. Records Management for old projects in accordance with Records Control Schedule 10-1: (160 hrs.)
- Peer review of IGEs or developing IGEs given construction drawings and specifications: (80 hrs.)
- Audit COR project files for compliance with VA and ECHCS requirements: (120 hrs.)
- A/E and Construction procurement package development: CEC shall prepare procurement packages for A/E and Construction in accordance with VA Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) 160-010-01. CEC will support requirement development and coordinate requirements with the station Engineering service and users as required to recommend an executable procurement package. During design CEC shall provide support to constructability reviews of A/E deliverables as requested.
- Complete investigation, drawings, IGE, SOW and Specs
- Correct Fire and Life Safety Deficiencies
Construction Contract Administration Support: CEC shall support attendance and documentation of contractor meetings, produce meeting agendas and minutes, prepare analysis of contractor proposed change orders and make recommendations to Engineering management, support construction contract kick-off to closeout to include but not limited to commissioning paperwork, punchlists, and verification of successful completion in accordance with plans and specifications. Completing close-out documentation such as capitalization memo(s), Maintenance and Operations hand-over paperwork, certification data such as Medical Gases.
AES Group, Inc.
11031 S. Pikes Peak Dr.
Parker, CO 80138
Fax: (303) 841-3772