AES is providing construction documents which meet the budgetary, contractual and programmatic requirements of PVAHCS for the continued effort of upgrading and modernizing the facilities utility infrastructure. The design is being separated into multiple construction projects:
1. Continue existing Site Electrical Distribution design documents to accommodate required structural additions.
2. Complete exterior lighting survey and design for replacement and addition of new lighting as required. Include new lighting panelboards and lighting control system as required.
3. Install metering on all selected distribution breakers to be incorporated into existing Siemens Win PM. Includes standardization of existing metering systems, addition of multiple new meters and inclusion of breaker status notifications on equipment. Additionally, the existing system utilizes the facility BMS network. Evaluate potential upgrade to the BMS network as required.
4. Upgrade existing ASCO control system. Include controls for transfer switches not currently incorporated into the system. New system is expected to utilize the existing facility BMS network. Evaluate potential upgrade to the BMS network as required.
5. Update existing facility power systems study. Create an updated facility single line, site plan and update existing master plan based upon a facility condition assessment of all installed equipment and with consideration of all ongoing and planned changes. Incorporate all existing electrical studies and surveys. Field verification of nearly the entire electrical system. Make breaker adjustments as they are identified. Rename and re-label the existing electrical infrastructure. Create templates and standard specifications for future use to prescribe to other AEs and contractors to maintain the labeling standard. Update and document the existing facility Panelboard schedules. As part of the Masterplan develop a plan for the replacement and/or relocation of all legacy panelboards located in Building 1 and Building 2. 6. Design and engineering for 2 external structures described in Task 5.
7. Correct receptacles and lighting throughout all mechanical and electrical spaces throughout the facility. Mechanical deficiencies shall be noted as part of Task 5.
8. Complete the MV Standby Generator design to include facility fuel systems upgrades, civil corrections, shading, the expansion of Building 13 and the addition of a second power factor correcting capacitor bank for SES-1.
9. Perform a survey of existing life safety systems related to the electrical system. Correct and identify life safety branch issues. Add and reconfigure equipment as required to provide life safety sources throughout the facility. Include at a minimum the redesign of all stairway lighting and the replacement of all existing exit signs. Other systems should be re-fed properly from the correct branch.
10. Cost Estimate: A detailed cost estimate will be developed.