Provide construction documents which meet the budgetary, contractual and programmatic requirements of PVAHCS for the continued effort of upgrading and modernizing the facilities utility infrastructure. The design shall be separated into multiple construction projects:
1. Upgrade Utility Service and Standby Power
a. Provide design and all required prep work to install two MV standby generators to support expected facility capacity noted in item b, above to include any improvement to the facility fuel system as required to support VA required 96 hours run time.
2. Electrical Infrastructure
a. Replace and relocate various electrical panelboards throughout the facility to include basement areas, Building 2 and others as designated. Replace and relocate CP-2
3. Construct mezzanine and correct remaining deficiencies within Building 2
4. Correct lighting and HVAC throughout all mechanical and electrical spaces throughout the facility.
Areas will be evaluated individually to determine cooling requirements.
5. Correct and upgrade normal and emergency feeders serving Bldg 1, 2, 8, 16, and outlying buildings as required to support current and planned projects per VA master plan.
6. Upgrade electrical system in Bldg 1 to accommodate requirements for the new construction and renovations per VA master plan. (New Rehab, ED Expansion, New OR, New SPD, and renovation of existing areas to meet VA guidelines)
7. Update existing facility electrical master plan.
8. Create an updated facility single line, site plan and master plan to account for all ongoing and planned changes. This shall incorporate all existing electrical studies and surveys.
9. Cost Estimate: A detailed cost estimate will be developed. The estimate will reflect materials, systems, and labor with particular focus on the phasing that the general contractor will need to schedule for.