HVAC Reliability Study
Provide findings and recommendations for Building 430 HVAC systems. The 31,000 square foot building was installed in 1985. The building is in a secure area of the facility, and site escorts were required. Over the years, the building use included the radar system mainframe computers. After the mainframe computers were removed, the HVAC system was sized inappropriately for office personnel use. The computer sub floor assembly had been removed in some areas and air flows were not balanced. Several parameters studies include:
- Condition of underground condenser and chilled water storage tanks.
- Condition of associated piping.
- Condition of cooling towers.
- Evaluate capacity, performance, and reliability of humidifiers.
- Evaluate air handling units for performance and reliability.
- Evaluate Building 430 air flow capacities.
- Evaluate fire alarm system and code compliance.
- Update life/safety documentation, and make recommendations for accurate testing of the system.
- Submit site equipment and building equipment replacement schedule, year of replacement and line item costs.